OMG, Woz is coming to Innovate!
No, I never made a fish tank out of my Mac SE. I did own a Mac clone (Yay, Power Computing!), and have a broken System 7 watch someplace from that operating system’s launch. (I also have a Windows 95 key chain someplace, but that’s another story…) When MacWorld was in Boston, I’d take a day from work to wander the slow floor, check out the new gadgets and collect tee-shirts. These days, my work-provided lenovo ThinkPad stands out in a house full of Macs and iPods.
But Woz is going to speak at Innovate??!! I’m not going to miss that.
Rational’s two seasons
At Rational there are basically two times of the year: pre-Innovate and post-Innovate. Stuff needs to be wrapped up in May for the annual conference, or it has to wait until after. Sure sometimes there are other deadlines, but for some of us, the first week in June is how we measure the working world. I know some of our customers look at it that way too, asking for defects to be fixed before June, or using the conference to get some fresh ideas and work started for the rest of the year.
Innovate is where we join our partners to showcase products all across the Rational portfolio. Customers present on the cool things they’re doing, and some of us head down to Orlando, Florida (June 2 to 6 this year) to give presentations, workshops and take part in interactive discussions. Conferences have adjusted to the times over the years. I think my biggest MacWorld tee-shirt haul neared 14. At Innovate, there’s always some swag, but given I have to fly there and back, I’ll collect pens instead.
Jazz Jumpstart is all over Innovate
So maybe Woz gets a keynote under the Klieg lights, but the Jazz Jumpstart Team is all over Innovate, helping customers, meeting colleagues, saying hi to new friends, but most importantly, letting the world know just how awesome the Jazz products are and what wonderful things you can do with them. The best team in Rational is a big part of the Innovate experience. Here are some highlights:
- Sudhakar “Freddy“ Frederick reveals how to best use RTC for Android development (Solving the Android Platform Development puzzle with RTC, MDEV-1120B, Wednesday, June 5, in Asia 3 from 1:45pm to 2:45pm)
- Ralph Schoon pulls back the curtain on All You Need to Know About Customizing RTC (RDA-1051, Thursday, June 6, Swan 9 from 11:00am to noon)
- Rosa Naranjo provides Strategies for Planning and Completing and Successful CLM Upgrade (RDA-1481, Tuesday, June 4, Swan 9 from 4:15pm to 5:45pm)
- Jorge Díaz explains Building Mainframe Applications with RTC Enterprise Extensions (SZ-1203, Thursday, June 6, Northern E2 from 9:45am to 10:45am)
- Jim Ruehlin holds down the big CLM Process Enactment Workshop (WKS-1116, Tuesday, June 4, Swan 8 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm) and gets help from Jorge and Ralph too. (I get to count chairs, I think…)
- Our team’s fearless manager Dan “Tox“ Toczala and I discuss all about Maximizing your Jazz Environment and Performance (RDA-1327, Wednesday, June 5, Swan 9 from 4:15pm to 5:45pm). We have an interesting “gimmick” planned for this year, so don’t miss it.
- You can also catch me co-presenting Jazz High-Availability and Disaster Recovery Levels and Best Practices (RDA-2485, Tuesday, June 4, Swan 9 from 1:45pm to 2:45pm)
These are just highlights: Check our individual teams’ blogs for what else we’re up to. Titles, days, locations and times can change, so keep an eye on the conference schedule and the TV monitors posted throughout the site.